Filming has begun on the ten-episode sixth season of Cinemax’s action drama series Strike Back, which will be shot entirely in Malaysia. Returning stars Warren Brown, Daniel MacPherson and Alin Sumarwata are joined by new cast members Jamie Bamber and Yasemin Allen.
When a Russian bomber crashes in the South China Sea, the covert special-ops soldiers of Section 20 — Thomas “Mac” McAllister (Warren Brown), Samuel Wyatt (Daniel MacPherson) and Gracie Novin (Alin Sumarwata) — are sent on a mission to investigate. There, they cross paths with Katrina Zarkova (Yasemin Allen), a rogue Russian operative with questionable loyalties.
Under orders of the new commanding officer Col. Alexander Coltrane (Jamie Bamber), Section 20 pursues stolen contents of the Russian jet across Southeast Asia. They will work alongside the Malaysian police to shut down a Triad gang in Kuala Lumpur, uncover a corrupt plot by a wealthy Indian businesswoman running for Parliament and plunge into the jungles of the Golden Triangle in Myanmar, facing off against mercenary drug agents and terrifying warlords, as they uncover a conspiracy that threatens to push the world to the brink of global conflict.
“We have fantastic actors and crew members who work incredibly hard to provide big-screen action for the small screen, with all the drama, high stakes and mayhem. I can’t wait for the audience to see the twists and turns we’ve got lined up,” said Jack Lothian, writer and executive producer.
Among the critical praise for the series, TVGuide.com described the previous season of Strike Back as a “visually stunning” show that “regularly delivers action sequences on par with many feature films.”
Viewers can stream the entire five seasons of Strike Back on HBO GO or catch the encore of the fifth season on HBO On Demand.
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 95 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 95 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 90 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 45 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020