Blue Ant Media inks new deals across Southeast Asia
SINGAPORE – Global content producer, distributor and channel operator Blue Ant Media has announced a crop of new carriage deals for international linear channels, Blue Ant Entertainment and Blue Ant Extreme, across 12 countries in Southeast Asia.
Blue Ant Entertainment is a general entertainment channel featuring hit series and late-night television, that air day-and-date with the U.S. and U.K. markets, including: Bull, The X Factor UK, Entertainment Tonight, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and The Late Late Show with James Corden. The channel also live broadcasts some of the biggest award shows in the world including: The Golden Globe Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards, American Music Awards and Billboard Music Awards.
Meanwhile, Blue Ant Extreme is the destination for extreme, action-packed content including Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge, Hawaii Five-0 and NCIS: Los Angeles.
Expanding upon the channels’ existing footprint across Southeast Asia, Blue Ant Entertainment and Blue Ant Extreme have launched new carriage deals, via Blue Ant Media’s Kids & Global Networks division, with Indonesia’s subscription Pay TV satellite operator, K-Vision and Papua New Guinea’s Click TV, which airs entertainment, sports and news programming across the region. The channels have also landed in Vietnam with Pay TV providers VTVcab and Next TV Viettel as of early April 2018.
Blue Ant Media has also renewed its carriage deals for both channels with Mongolian Pay TV provider, Univision.
The two channels are now widely distributed across 12 Southeast Asian countries and different platforms including PPCTV from Cambodia; CABLE TV, nowTV and myTV SUPER from Hong Kong; First Media and BIGTV from Indonesia; Macau Cable TV; unifi TV from Malaysia; SKY and 66 more provincial operators in the Philippines; Digicel Play and HITRON from Papua New Guinea; StarHub from Singapore; and TrueVisions and AIS PLAY from Thailand. Transvision from Indonesia also carries Blue Ant Entertainment, and Canal+ Myanmar FG carries Blue Ant Extreme.
“Blue Ant Extreme and Blue Ant Entertainment are proven ‘must-see’ television channels across the Asia Pacific, bringing audiences across the region high demand factual programming, late night shows and dramatic series. Our latest round of carriage deals across Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Vietnam and Mongolia highlight the strength of Blue Ant Entertainment and Blue Ant Extreme’s programming, which will now reach more fans than ever before,” said Beatrice Lee, CEO, Blue Ant Media Asia Pacific.
Blue Ant Media is a privately held, international content producer, distributor and channel operator. From production houses around the world, the company creates content for multiple genres including factual, factual entertainment, short-form digital series and kids programming.
Its distribution business, Blue Ant International, offers a catalogue of over 3,000 hours of content, including the largest 4K natural history offering on the market. Blue Ant Media’s international channel business offers a portfolio of media brands such as Love Nature (International), ZooMoo Networks (International), Smithsonian Channel Canada, BBC Earth (Canada), Blue Ant Entertainment (International), Blue Ant Extreme (International) and HGTV (New Zealand). Blue Ant Media is headquartered in Toronto, with operations in Los Angeles, Singapore, Auckland, Dunedin, London, Washington, Sydney, Beijing and Taipei.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 79 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020