A+E Networks and Singha Estate embark on new production
A+E Networks Asia and Thai property development and investment holding company Singha Estate have announced the charter of a new HISTORY Asia original documentary series, Making Mega in Paradise, about one of the world’s most ambitious tourism projects.
The series will chronicle the creation of Maldives’ largest-ever mega-project by Singha Estate, unveiling the logistical and intellectual challenges faced in the transformation of a Maldivian lagoon into the largest integrated resort in the Indian Ocean. Featuring six half-hour episodes, the show is slated to launch in the first quarter of 2019 and promises many incredible moments.
Making Mega in Paradise will follow a global team of multi-disciplinary construction experts tasked with developing the new $680 million leisure destination – built on a sustainable group of islands seven kilometres in length, which are flourishing with marine life. Some of the project’s legendary partners include Café del Mar, the iconic Hard Rock Hotel and Hard Rock Café, and Curio Collection by Hilton.
The pristine Emboodhoo Lagoon will be the series’ centerpiece. The Emboodhoo’s Fantastic Seven, home to the age-old coral reefs and valuable marine lives, presents many challenges. The series shows how experts manage this fragile marine ecosystem; a critical concern that influences every construction decision they make.
Making Mega in Paradise will also uncover deeper insights into the master plan devised by Thai, Maldivian, and international visionaries, as well as the immaculate attention-to-detail that’s needed to set a new benchmark in eco-conscious development.
“This is not a typical construction project. This is history in the making,” said Chris Humphrey, Director and Executive Producer of A+E Networks Asia. “Launching such a grand engineering initiative in a location that’s 99% water makes for a very intriguing journey. We are very honoured to be granted intimate access to such an ambitious eco-tourism development project.”
Thiti Thongbenjamas, Chief Operating Officer of Crossroads, Maldives said, “Our team is extremely proud of the work we have put into this project. We will make sure that, from start to finish, there will be minimal impact to the surrounding Maldivian environment that we call paradise. Singha Estate believes in a ‘harmonious co-existence’ with the nature and the people and this project reflects precisely this vision.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 68 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 33 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- GMA Network appoints Regie Bautista as Senior VP 33 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020