New Korean TV Production and Acquisitions of Warner Bros. Entertainment
SEOUL – Suk Park and Hyun Park have been named Co-Heads of Production & Acquisitions for Korean Drama TV Series at Warner Bros. Entertainment. The announcement was made by Craig Hunegs, President, Warner Bros. Digital Networks and President, Business & Strategy, Warner Bros. Television Group and Marc Gareton, Executive Vice President, APAC, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment & International Production.
Suk and Hyun Park first joined Warner Bros. in 2016, following the acquisition of their innovative streaming company, DramaFever (co-founded with Seung Bak), which is now part of Warner Bros. Digital Networks. In their new, broadened roles, the Park brothers are responsible for acquiring and producing TV content for the Korean market, as well as licensing Korean formats for the U.S. and importing select WBTV formats, such as “The Mentalist,” into Korea.
Suk is based in New York and Hyun in Seoul, and both will report jointly to Hunegs for DramaFever-related projects and Gareton regarding international production matters.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 50 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 40 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020