HBO Asia’s new horror anthology original series Folklore wraps production
SINGAPORE – HBO Asia announced today that Korean actress, Lee Chae-Yeon (“Running Man”, “Please Find Her”, “Blow Breeze”) will be starring in HBO Asia’s new horror anthology Original drama series, FOLKLORE. Production has also wrapped for the six-part hour-long series that was shot in various locations in Asia including Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand and concluded with the Korean-based episode shot in South Korea. The series is scheduled to premiere later this year on HBO Asia’s on-air, online and on-demand platforms.
Developed by HBO Asia and created by award-winning Singaporean film maker, Eric Khoo, all six episodes of FOLKLORE will take place across multiple Asian countries including Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand and each episode will be based on each country’s deeply-rooted superstitions and myths. FOLKLORE will be filmed in the local language of the country that the episode is based in, with English and local language subtitles (where available).
Helmed by different directors from various countries in Asia, each episode will seek to modernise or update Asian horror, exploring societal dysfunctions in a manner that is specific to the country but possessing themes that will resonate across the continent. The six directors involved in FOLKLORE are Joko Anwar (“Halfworlds”, “Satan’s Slave”) from Indonesia, Takumi Saitoh (“Blank 13”, “Ramen Teh”) from Japan, Lee Sang-Woo (“Barbie”, “Fire In Hell”, “Dirty Romance”) from Korea, Ho Yuhang (“Rain Dogs”, “Mrs. K”) from Malaysia, Eric Khoo (“Ramen Teh”, “12 Storeys”) from Singapore and Pen-Ek Ratanaruang (“Samui Song”, “Last Life in the Universe”) from Thailand.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 46 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020