A+E Networks appoints new managing director, Southeast Asia and Australia and Managing Director, North Asia
NEW YORK – A+E Networks has appointed Leena Singarajah Managing Director, Southeast Asia and Australia, and promoted Saugato Banerjee to Managing Director, North Asia. Singarajah’s appointment and Banerjee’s promotion were announced today by Edward Sabin, Executive Managing Director, International, A+E Networks, to whom they will report.
Based in Singapore, Singarajah will be responsible for managing and expanding A+E’s channels and media assets in Southeast Asia and Australia, including the day-to-day relationships with the company’s partners and businesses in the region. Singarajah will also draw on her extensive experience to focus on A+E’s digital strategy, a key expansion and execution area to fuel further growth in the region.
Banerjee, a veteran of A+E Networks, joined the company in 2011. During his tenure he has been a key force in driving A+E’s unparalleled innovation and business execution in the region. He also played a key role in the rapid expansion of the SEA business, as evidenced by the company’s successful launches of History and Lifetime in Korea, and in achieving record ratings for History Japan. In his new role, Banerjee will continue to manage growth in Korea and Japan and will chart A+E’s continued growth and expansion in China.
Alan Hodges, who joined A+E Networks in 2002, will be leaving his position as Managing Director, Asia-Pacific. Prem Kamath, Deputy Managing Director, Asia-Pacific, will be staying on as a strategic advisor through the end of October, and will thereafter depart to pursue his entrepreneurial ambitions in the digital space.
Singarajah joins A+E Networks from Scripps Networks, where she served as Managing Director, Asia. Singarajah developed and executed the growth strategy for Scripps Networks’ lifestyle brands across the region.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 40 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 37 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 36 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020