Global Smart City to study Singapore’s Wireless@SG
SINGAPORE – Singapore’s Wireless@SG programme has catalysed the island nation through a free, seamless, secure and federated public Wi-Fi model. Its self-sustaining ecosystem will now be studied at the Global City Teams Challenge 2018 (GCTC) for possible learnings and adoption.
The GCTC is organized by the US Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Acceptance of our Wireless@SG proposal for consideration as part of NIST’s IoT-Enabled Smart City (IES-City) Framework is a step forward for the nation’s Digital Economy journey.
The Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA) will be leading a delegation to the GCTC to participate, engage in, and explore new partnership opportunities for government, industries, academia, TACs and NGOs.
In addition, two other Singapore proposals were also accepted. The proposals and participating organisations are:
– Deployment of user-friendly, secure, and sustainable federated public Wi-Fi systems – Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore
– The inclusive Smart City: Tech to tackle jobs displacement in a Digital Economy – Singapore Tech (SGTech)
– Reduced customs clearance time with virtual extension of sea ports and other customs-bonded areas, using electronic cargo tracking – Ascent Solutions
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 49 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 40 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 34 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 33 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020