Rising Star, the fastest-selling talent show on record, has achieved success for broadcasters worldwide in terms of audience share and digital engagement. In the Asian region, two seasons of the format have aired successfully in Indonesia (where it won the Panasonic Gobel Award for Best Program Talent Show & Reality Show in 2015) and in China (CCTV-3) its finale was the leading programme of the night across the country. A Cambodian version (Town TV) is in the pipeline. Created and produced by Tedy Productions and Keshet Broadcasting, upwards of 160 million votes have been cast for Rising Star series worldwide to date.
The deal adds to Keshet International’s increasing presence India following the company’s recent sale of unscripted reality dating format Girlfri3nds to Discovery’s TLC in India, and Star India’s adaptation of Keshet’s International format Prisoners of War, which follows two soldiers as they attempt to re-adjust to their lives after returning home from captivity for 17 years.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 62 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 58 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 56 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020