Ooyala Survey presents findings on Media Operations
Jakarta Indonesia – A recent poll by Ooyala, a leading provider of software and services that simplify the complexity of producing, streaming and monetising video, revealed that 4 in 5 media executives believe that their media operations were only somewhat efficient and have potential for improvement. More than half of the respondents were companies in Indonesia offering VOD (video-on-demand) services and involved in Production and Linear TV broadcasting.
The poll which was conducted in October during Ooyala’s Media Logistics Forum in Jakarta further revealed that the most common operation inefficiencies for media companies were disconnected systems (19%), human error and duplication of tasks (16%), poor communication (11%) and over reliance on emails, spreadsheets and shared documents (11%). These results mirrored the responses collected from more than 450 respondents that attended 21 other Ooyala Media Logistics Forums across the globe including New York, Paris, London, Madrid, Berlin, Sydney and Singapore.
Bea Alonso, Ooyala’s Business Development Director for Media Logistics in Asia Pacific and Japan, said, “The media landscape is evolving rapidly and the drive for media companies to generate content at a faster rate is strong. Companies will find the increasingly weighty demand of consumers hard to shoulder if they are simultaneously struggling with their workflows and operations.”
To help improve efficiency, respondents believe improvements in workflow management (23%), integration of different business functions with media operations (18%), and better connection of operational silos (16%) will be key. Tried and tested model – with Media Prima Digital in Malaysia At the Media Logistics Forum, Ooyala shared the story of how Media Prima Digital, one of Malaysia’s leading integrated media companies, managed to improve its operational efficiencies.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 53 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 49 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 40 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020