HBO Asia presents The Talwars Behind Closed Doors
Singapore – HBO Asia’s first original documentary, The Talwars: Behind Closed Doors is a gripping documentary that examines the double murder of a teenage girl and her family’s household servant in Noida, India, that quickly became one of India’s biggest murder mysteries, capturing worldwide attention. Produced in association with Star India, the four-part hour-long HBO Asia Original Documentary Series premieres on Sunday, November 26 at 9pm (SIN) exclusively on HBO. Parts 2, 3 and 4 will debut on subsequent Sundays at the same time. The documentary will be streaming on HBO GO and will also available on HBO On Demand.
The documentary begins with Drs. Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on the morning of 16 May 2008, discovering their daughter, Aarushi Talwar, lying dead in her bed, bludgeoned and with her throat cut. Their Nepali servant, Hemraj Banjade, is missing and believed to be the culprit until his bloated and battered body is discovered on the apartment roof terrace. There were seemingly just the four people in the apartment that night and only two of them are still alive. To the police investigation teams leading the inquiry, the parents must be the murderers, but after nine years, three investigations, a trial and appeal, and now an acquittal, nothing is as it seems. In English and Hindi with English and local language subtitles, the documentary features never-before-seen exclusive interviews with Aarushi’s parents, The Talwars: Behind Closed Doors speaks with those most closely involved in this twisted tale of intrigue, mystery that has turned this double murder into one of India’s most notorious crimes.
Mr. Jonathan Spink, CEO of HBO Asia, says, “The Talwars: Behind Closed Doors marks HBO Asia’s first original documentary, adding to our ever-expanding repertoire of HBO Asia Original productions which includes series and movies. With this documentary, HBO Asia continues to showcase interesting and relevant stories from around the region that resonates strongly with the Asian audience.”
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 86 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 70 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 58 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 51 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020