London – BBC Global News Ltd, the BBC’s commercially funded international news arm, has announced the appointment of Charlie Villar to its newly-created Chief Operating Officer position.
Villar, who is currently the BBC’s Director of Tax, Treasury and Corporate Finance, will start with immediate effect and will be responsible for the financial and operational leadership of the company, bringing together finance, engineering, internal and external communications, HR and legal and business affairs. He will join the management team and will be one of two directors of the company, reporting to Chief Executive Officer . The appointment comes as the company expands to incorporate the advertising sales arm of the BBC.
Speaking about the appointment, Egan said, “I am delighted to be welcoming Charlie to BBC Global News Ltd as our first Chief Operating Officer. As we complete the expansion of the business and embark on a new phase for BBC World News, Charlie brings the ideal mix of private and public sector experience to the leadership team. High quality commercially funded journalism has never been more important but it has also never been under greater pressure. Charlie’s appointment will bring expertise, energy and a fresh perspective to our enduring mission of staying true to the BBC’s unique editorial values and running a business which continues to be commercially successful.”
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 108 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 83 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 68 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 52 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020