Mumbai – Global Content Hub By Zee, the syndication division of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL), announced its slate of hot new shows for MIPCOM 2017. This MIPCOM also marks the start of 25 years in business for Zee TV, one of largest, most influential Indian broadcasters with an impressive International reach of 171 countries across the Globe.
Debuting at the market is Lala’s Ladiez, Zee’s first-ever English adaptation. Based on Zee’s successful Indian comedy series Hum Paanch, the story is about a father living with five spirited daughters and his English Wife. Each daughter possesses a different personality – one being a feminist; another is all beauty and no brains; yet another is an eco-warrior; a smart tomboy with the youngest being the most fearless. A Zee Format Factory initiative, this 20-part series is being produced in the UK by Endemol Shine.
Zee’s newest Indian dramas – Piya Albela, Kundali Bhagya, Woh Apna Sa, Kundali Bhagya are coming to MIPCOM for the very first time. Piya Albela is a modern love story revolving two people who are worlds apart in character. Naren is a thoughtful and spiritual young man, studying psychology at college, while Pooja is a very modern woman. Naren’s business-tycoon father hires Pooja to entice his son away from his austere life to join the family business. Pooja comes to understand Naren and develop a deep bond. Woh Apna Sa – an Indian drama series about a troubled marriage and the potential love triangle. Kundali Bhagya is a spinoff of the family series of the very popular Indian drama series, Kum Kum Bhagya, and the show is about two young girls Preeta & Shristi who discover the existence of their mother ‘Sarla’ and sister Pragya after the death of their father.
Coming from Zee’s U.S. lifestyle catalog, Z Living, 34 hours of fresh content have been added to the outstanding library of 1700 hours of health & lifestyle content. All are produced in the US in English-language including Conquered, showcasing uplifting stories about people from the everyday to the influential who have broken boundaries and conquered obstacles to achieve their goals in fitness, relationships, career, health and more as well as a 2nd season of Altar’d – the popular wedding reality series featuring fitness and nutrition experts who work with a future bride and groom to shape them up for their big wedding day; Yoga Girls is a never-before-seen side of yoga in Los Angeles, a cutthroat city where the practice can sometimes lead to kicking some serious “asana” and Big Fat Truth is available featuring host/mentor, JD Roth, one of television’s most experienced producers of transformational programming. JD helps contestants in this inspiring reality series, inspiring people to change their lives and gain the rewards of a healthier lifestyle.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 91 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 50 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020