Splash Entertainment acquires animated series Jing-Ju Cats
LOS ANGELES, CA – Just in time for MIPCOM, Mevelyn Noriega, President of Distribution at Splash Entertainment, announced that the company has acquired the much sought-after worldwide audio visual rights (excluding Asia and Africa), to Dazzling Star’s award winning Jing-Ju Cats (80 x 13’), China’s first animated series to combine the principles of Kung-Fu and Beijing Opera. Jing-Ju Cats, which debuted in China on Toonmax and has broadcast on multiple channels throughout the region while setting record ratings in the territory, is currently available in English and Mandarin and aimed at kids 6-12 years of age. Splash Entertainment will be offering Jing-Ju Cats for the first time at MIP Junior and MIPCOM.
“Since the debut of Season One in 2016 on Toonmax, Jing-Ju Cats has literally rewritten the record books in China, reaching over 18% market share of the Chinese audience and accumulating over 900 million views on the mainstream platform,” commented Noriega. “We are delighted to be working with Dazzling Star on such a unique series and look forward to sharing the action-packed adventures filled with comedy, courage and friendship with kids around the world.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 188 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020