SIGGRAPH Asia Spotlights Production Teams from Pixar
Bangkok, Thailand – At its 2017 edition in November, some of the highlights of SIGGRAPH Asia include a spotlight on production teams from some of the world’s leading studios, including Pixar, as well as films released in 2017, such as Blade Runner 2049, along with the SIGGRAPH Pioneers Group.
The exciting line-up of Featured Sessions and Programs includes The Making of Pixar’s “Coco”, by Pixar Animation Studio’s production team , How Real-Time Graphics Helps Pixar Make Feature Films, by Pixar Animation Studio’s Senior Graphics Software Engineers, Pol Jeremias-Vila, and David G Yu, who will demonstrate how Pixar applies real-time graphics in animation , The Making of Thor: Ragnarok, by the production teams from Marvel Studios, Framestore, Method Studios, and Industrial Light & Magic, who will share they brought Ragnarok to life; Blade Runner 2049: A Framestore Case Study by Richard Hoover, VFX Supervisor, Framestore.
SIGGRAPH Asia’s keynote speakers are Albert Yu-Min Lin and Michael Cohen. Albert Yu-Min Lin is an award-winning Explorer of the National Geographic Society, and the Co-Founder and Chief Science Officer at Planet3. During his talk, Seeing a Human Frontier, will regale his fascinating career of merging satellite, aerial, and geophysical sensing with immersive virtual reality visualizations to explore some of humanity’s greatest archaeological stories, along with his personal experience of becoming partially bionic.
Michael Cohen, Director of the Computational Photography Group at Facebook, will discuss how Facebook’s Computational Photography Team is incorporating 3D and virtual reality applications into the social media platform to enhance how we share photos and videos.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 79 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020