Multi-National Producers presents Farewell Shanghai at MIPCOM
Cannes – An exceptional team of leading producers and broadcasters from China, France, Germany and Australia have announced their intent to co-operate on a major international scripted series, Farewell Shanghai.
The drama has been developed by award-winning screenwriter and director Radu Mihaileanu (The Concert, The Source, Live & Become, Train of Life…) and is adapted from Angel Wagenstein’s sweeping epic novel. The series recounts the shared destinies of a group of European Jewish refugees and Chinese characters in Shanghai, between 1938 and 1945.
Farewell Shanghai will be shot in China in English by K’ien Productions, Banijay Studios France, Breakout Films and France Televisions (France); Shanghai Media Group Pictures and Holy Mountain Films (China); AMPCO Studios (Australia) and NDF (Germany). An extended Chinese version of the series will also be produced for the Chinese market.
Takis Candilis, Head of Fiction at Banijay Group, comments, “We are extremely pleased to be partnering with such an illustrious alliance of talents and producers to recreate this mesmerizing story for the screen.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 91 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 50 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020