New York – MASTERPIECE on PBS, BBC One and Golden Globe and BAFTA award-winning producer Playground are delighted to share a first look image from the TV adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s classic novel, Little Women. The three hour adaptation from the award-winning creator of Call the Midwife Heidi Thomas and director Vanessa Caswill (Thirteen) will air on MASTERPIECE on PBS in the US and BBC One in the UK.
Set against the backdrop of a country divided, the story follows the four March sisters: Jo, played by newcomer Maya Hawke, Meg, played by Willa Fitzgerald (Scream: The TV Series, Misfortune), Beth, played by Annes Elwy (Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams) and Amy, played by Kathryn Newton (Big Little Lies, Halt and Catch Fire), on their journey from childhood to adulthood. With the help of their mother Marmee (BAFTA Award-winner Emily Watson) while their father is away at war, and accompanied by the charming boy next door Laurie Laurence (Jonah Hauer-King), the girls navigate what it means to be a young woman: from gender roles to sibling rivalry, first love, loss and marriage.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020