CHEAT and Netflix co-produces The End of the F***ing World
London – Channel 4 airs the first episode of its 8-part darkly comic road trip tale, ‘The End of the F***ing World’ (co-produced with Netflix). Directed by Jonathan Entwistle and Lucy Tcherniak, the series was coloured by CHEAT’s Toby Tomkins.
The series invites viewers into the confused lives of teen outsiders James (Alex Lawther – Black Mirror, The Imitation Game) and Alyssa (Jessica Barden – The Lobster, Ellen, Penny Dreadful) as they decide to escape from their families and embark on a road trip to find Alyssa’s estranged father. As the pair get caught up in a series of violent events, they find themselves on a journey of discovery that becomes progressively ominous, trailed by two uniquely mismatched police detectives – played by BAFTA-winning Wunmi Mosaku (Damilola, Our Loved Boy) and Gemma Whelan (Game of Thrones, The Moorside).
The television series is based on the award-winning comic books series by Charles Forsman, so Executive Producer/Director Jonathan Entwistle and DoP Justin Brown, were looking for something special stylistically, to bring the chilling yet humorous tale to life on screen. They reached out to Toby Tomkins at CHEAT, whom they have partnered with on a number of commercials and other narrative work including feature film, ‘Sixteen’.
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 81 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 44 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 42 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 41 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020