BBC One has announced the commission of a 1×60’ pilot, The Recording Studio (WT) from Boundless (part of FremantleMedia UK). The heart-warming fact entertainment show follows ordinary people as they are given the opportunity of a lifetime to step into a world-class recording studio and capture the most important song of their lives.
With a transformative narrative, viewers will watch as the studio’s highly skilled producers and team of talented musicians help each participant to share their own unique story. The show explores the often very personal experiences of each contributor, and their reasons for wanting to record a particular song.
Catherine Catton, Commissioning Editor, Popular Factual and Factual Entertainment said: “The Recording Studio will bring pure warmth and joy to BBC One. We’re incredibly excited about removing judgement from performance as this is about enabling contributors to mark an important moment in their lives rather than chase a record deal. I hope by commissioning into this space, we’re demonstrating a real commitment to find new factual entertainment formats.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 247 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 77 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 77 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 67 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021