BBC One has announced the commission of a 1×60’ pilot, The Recording Studio (WT) from Boundless (part of FremantleMedia UK). The heart-warming fact entertainment show follows ordinary people as they are given the opportunity of a lifetime to step into a world-class recording studio and capture the most important song of their lives.
With a transformative narrative, viewers will watch as the studio’s highly skilled producers and team of talented musicians help each participant to share their own unique story. The show explores the often very personal experiences of each contributor, and their reasons for wanting to record a particular song.
Catherine Catton, Commissioning Editor, Popular Factual and Factual Entertainment said: “The Recording Studio will bring pure warmth and joy to BBC One. We’re incredibly excited about removing judgement from performance as this is about enabling contributors to mark an important moment in their lives rather than chase a record deal. I hope by commissioning into this space, we’re demonstrating a real commitment to find new factual entertainment formats.”
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 11k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 74 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 58 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020