BBC One has announced the commission of a 1×60’ pilot, The Recording Studio (WT) from Boundless (part of FremantleMedia UK). The heart-warming fact entertainment show follows ordinary people as they are given the opportunity of a lifetime to step into a world-class recording studio and capture the most important song of their lives.
With a transformative narrative, viewers will watch as the studio’s highly skilled producers and team of talented musicians help each participant to share their own unique story. The show explores the often very personal experiences of each contributor, and their reasons for wanting to record a particular song.
Catherine Catton, Commissioning Editor, Popular Factual and Factual Entertainment said: “The Recording Studio will bring pure warmth and joy to BBC One. We’re incredibly excited about removing judgement from performance as this is about enabling contributors to mark an important moment in their lives rather than chase a record deal. I hope by commissioning into this space, we’re demonstrating a real commitment to find new factual entertainment formats.”
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 99 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 78 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 61 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 49 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020