BBC One has announced the commission of a 1×60’ pilot, The Recording Studio (WT) from Boundless (part of FremantleMedia UK). The heart-warming fact entertainment show follows ordinary people as they are given the opportunity of a lifetime to step into a world-class recording studio and capture the most important song of their lives.
With a transformative narrative, viewers will watch as the studio’s highly skilled producers and team of talented musicians help each participant to share their own unique story. The show explores the often very personal experiences of each contributor, and their reasons for wanting to record a particular song.
Catherine Catton, Commissioning Editor, Popular Factual and Factual Entertainment said: “The Recording Studio will bring pure warmth and joy to BBC One. We’re incredibly excited about removing judgement from performance as this is about enabling contributors to mark an important moment in their lives rather than chase a record deal. I hope by commissioning into this space, we’re demonstrating a real commitment to find new factual entertainment formats.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 45 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 45 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 43 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020