Alex Gibney partners Nevision to co-produce Rolling Stone
Stylistically, the documentary will feature audio interviews with world-renowned musicians from Dylan to Springsteen to John Lennon, along with previously unheard recordings from journalist and author Hunter S. Thompson.
Phil Edgar-Jones, Channel Director of Sky Arts, said: “The impact on popular culture and journalism of Rolling Stone Magazine is immense. Sky Arts is proud to have this superb Alex Gibney series as a centrepiece of the November schedules.”
Greg Phillips, President of Distribution at Kew Media Group, commented: “What started as a barometer for the arts and cultural community, and a mouthpiece for political viewpoints, has grown into one of the most significant and recognizable international brands of our time. Rolling Stone’s deeply instilled fusion of creativity and exclusive insight into the world of music transcends borders and we are proud to be distributing Alex’s latest addition to the Jigsaw stable.”
James Cabourne, Executive Chairman of Nevision, added: “Rolling Stone magazine is an icon and has played a significant role in the lives of many generations of young people around the world. We are genuinely thrilled to be working alongside talent such as Alex Gibney to bring unheard interviews of music’s finest and most influential figures to audiences on both sides of the Atlantic. This is a fitting celebration of the magazine’s 50th anniversary and we are confident it will resonate globally.”
Alex Gibney has been called ‘the most important documentarian of our time’ by Esquire Magazine and ‘one of America’s most successful and prolific documentary filmmakers’ by The New York Times and his films have won the Academy Award, multiple Emmy Awards, the Grammy Award, several Peabody Awards, the DuPont-Columbia Award, The Independent Spirit Award, and The Writers Guild Awards.
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 83 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 65 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 57 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 42 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020