France – ABS-CBN Corporation, the leading media and entertainment company in the, has secured a volume deal with StarTimes, the leading digital TV operator across Sub-Saharan Africa. With this partnership, more Filipino content is set to air in the region, in response to African viewers’ demand for more Filipino dramas.
“Filipino stories are full of youthful romance, pure love, and also dramatic plots. They show how the young Asian people struggle with lives and how to love,” said StarTimes chairman Pang Xinxing.
ABS-CBN, meanwhile, is looking forward to reach new audiences and touch the hearts of more African viewers through its heartfelt Filipino stories.
“Despite the highly competitive global market, Africa has remained to be one of our constant and strongest territories. We look forward to an even wider presence for Filipino content in the region via the StarTimes platform,” said ABS-CBN OIC-head for Integrated Acquisitions and International Sales and Distribution Maria Cecilia Imperial.
ABS-CBN is slated to provide first-window screening of its latest top-rating shows, which includes the family drama “A Love to Last,” and the record-rating revenge drama series “Wildflower.”
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 133 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021