London, Uk —Mattel, Inc., a global learning, development and play company that inspires the next generation of kids to shape a brighter tomorrow, has announced its family CGI feature-length special Thomas & Friends The Great Race, will have a nation-wide theatrical run across China, covering 23 provinces and over 4,000 cinemas. Additionally, the 81-minute film will see the debut of its first Chinese character, Yong Bao, on the big screen further cementing the affinity and engagement of the preschool franchise in the region.
The exciting debut of Chinese character Yong Bao in The Great Race has been specially dubbed in Mandarin and distributed by Huaxia Film Distribution Co. Ltd. The theatrical release on the 22nd September will continue through to China’s Golden Week in October.
Peter Broegger, MD of Mattel APAC said: “This is the second time that Thomas & Friends has secured a theatrical release in China and one of the very few non-native young children’s movies to be released which is a huge honour and further demonstrates the strength of the brand and affinity with families and children in this important market.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 251 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 80 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 78 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021