Digital Television Russia discloses the future of digital market
One the other hand, DTR has provided its customers with a wide choice of online and mobile recommendation services.The Interactive MOOLT project was started out to create educational mobile apps out of the most popular cartoon series broadcast by DTR. The experts have created eight interactive apps that are available and well-rated in the both the most popular mobile operating systems, iOS and Android. The apps have reached more than 10 million downloads in the domestic market and benefit of a 2 million customers audience per month.
Up to now, we have decided not to develop games and solutions for gaming consoles because several market assessments proved that there is no demand for these products by the national consumers.
Kids’ television in our country is generally witnessing a rapid development. As far as DTR is concerned, according to the analysis of media measurement data (TNS) in March 2017, our cartoon channel MOOLT grows at a record pace. We estimate that the growth will be organic throughout 2017 and if the achieved indicators remain stable, we assume that MOOLT will be the leading cartoon channel in the Russian television market at least within the next five years.
In addition to that, DTR disposes of plenty of modern research tools and practices for both the domestic and international market. The MOMRI Institute focuses on analysing modern media consumption for three population targets – children, adolescents and the generation of 46+ – both on the foreign and Russian markets, whereas the Analytical Centre ACSM takes care of studying the pay TV sector and the consumption of pay TV channels overall. Therefore, as a short-term goal, DTR envisages to actively increase its competence in the domain of collection and analysis of Big Data so to remain ahead of its competitors.
The main goal is to repeat the success of last MIPCOM and MIPJunior, when our cartoon series “Be-be-bears” and “Fairy Patrol” were ranked in the list of the top-30 most popular programmes worldwide, and therefore to boost our international profile, strengthen our existing partnerships and get in touch with new interlocutors. This year, MIPCOM is kindly giving us the opportunity to premiere the first episode of our new kids’ fantasy series ‘Heroes of Envell’.
In the near future, the video consumption in digital environments is expected to increase both on pay TV and through various OTT services on desktop and mobile environments. Likewise, competition among products targeted on the 18-34 age range will sharply increase, not only for TV programs but also for interactive games and educational mobile apps that address the young audience and permits the broadcasters to monetize their brands.
Concerning digital television, already the 75% percent of Russian households have a pay TV connection, which entails that growth reserves in new households is almost exhausted. However, this market saturation will be compensated by a growing tendency to have more than one TV per family, e.g. when parents decide to buy their children a personal TV.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 75 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 44 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 39 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020