Paris – Cyfrowy Polsat Group, Poland’s leading media and telecommunications group, signed a long-term contract with Eutelsat Communications for the lease of multiple transponders. The agreement covers the extension of existing capacity and expansion at the HOTBIRD video position. This new contract for capacity at Poland’s most popular video neighbourhood consolidates a collaboration that began in 1992 with the launch of Polsat, Poland’s first commercial channel, on a Eutelsat satellite.
The new contract adds 33 MHz to the capacity already used at the HOTBIRD position by Cyfrowy Polsat, Poland’s largest satellite platform and pay-TV operator and TV Polsat, the leading commercial broadcaster in Poland. The capacity will support the continued expansion of digital entertainment services and raise the bar for enhanced image quality. TV Polsat provides 24 popular channels under its brand and Cyfrowy Polsat offers approximately 180 channels, including over 80 in HD, in 4.8 million pay-TV subscriptions.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 51 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 45 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 41 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 38 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020