The launch is part of the BBC World Service’s expansion – its biggest since the 1940s – that includes the enhancement of the BBC’s offer in various regions as well as the addition of 12 new language services in Europe, Asia and Africa.
The BBC Uzbek TV bulletins are broadcast by partner channel, Arezo TV, based in Mazar-e Sharif. They add to the existing BBC Uzbek content for Uzbek-speakers in Afghanistan, which includes a special Facebook page – bbcuzbekafghan. In addition to Arezo TV, the bulletins will be streamed on Facebook and the BBC Uzbek Afghanistan YouTube channel.
BBC Uzbek has a strong presence on social media, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, Twitter and Odnoklassniki as well as Telegram and WhatsApp. BBC Uzbek’s rich experience of independent reporting has been put into special use on BBC Academy’s journalism training site in Uzbek. BBC Uzbek is part of the BBC World Service.
- ZEASN and New ID to incorporate popular K-content in WhaleLive 83 views | posted on April 8, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 65 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 57 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 42 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020