Asia-Pacific, Hong Kong –– Korea’s leading media & entertainment conglomerate, CJ E&M, is proud to announce the landing of tvN Movies – World’s first and only Korean Blockbuster movie channel – on Southeast Asia’s leading content and consumer company, Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad (Astro). Astro customers will have even more movies to watch with the launch of tvN Movies. Featuring blockbusters and critically acclaimed movies from Korea, fans can enjoy both newly released movies and all-time favourite movies that they have always wanted to watch but did not have access to.
tvN Movies will be available on demand on Astro GO and Astro TV and on Channel 435 offering first run and exclusive Korean titles ranging from action, thriller, romance, comedy to even horror. The stellar line-up features Korean stars and blockbusters such as ‘Master’ (Lee Byun-hun, Kim Woo-bin), ‘Mood of the Day’ (Moon Chae-won, Yoo Yeon-seok), ‘Train to Busan’ (Gong Yoo), ‘The Age of Shadows’ (Gong Yoo, Lee Byung-hun), ‘Like for Likes’ (Choi Ji-woo, Kang Ha-neul), ‘One Way Trip’ (Suho, Ji Soo), ‘Gangnam Blues’ (Lee Min-ho, Kim Rae-won) and many others.
Excited about the expansion of tvN Movies, Mr Samey Lee, CEO of CJ E&M HK remarked, “2017 has been a fruitful year for us. The launch of tvN Movies across the Southeast Asia region comes at a time when the demand for Korean contents is at the apex. We are confident that our audience can comfortably indulge themselves in our unprecedented line-up anywhere, anytime.” He continued, “tvN Movies has been very supportive of Korean movies, and introduced many movies to audiences in region. For the launch of tvN Movies on Astro, we are proud to present the Star Tour of ‘The Battleship Island’, the war action blockbuster, with participation by Best Actor Hwang Jung-min, heartthrobs So Ji-sub, Song Joong-ki and high-octane director Ryoo Seung-wan, aiming to promote quality Korean films in Malaysia.” He remarked, “After Singapore and Malaysia, we strive to expand tvN Movies’ coverage across the rest of Southeast Asian countries, to fill up the gap between the market and its mass international audiences!”
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 45 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020