Beverly Hills, Calif. –Starz announced it is developing the half-hour drama series “Sweetbitter,” based on the national best-selling book of the same name written by Stephanie Danler, who has also written the script for the first episode. Plan B Entertainment tapped Stu Zicherman (“The Americans,” “The Affair,” “Six Degrees”) to develop the script with Danler, and both will serve as executive producers along with Plan B.
“Sweetbitter” follows 22-year-old Tess who, shortly after arriving in New York City, lands a job at a celebrated downtown restaurant. Swiftly introduced to the world of drugs, alcohol, love, lust, dive bars, and fine dining, she learns to navigate the chaotically alluring, yet punishing life she has stumbled upon. This is the story of a young woman’s coming-of-age, set against the rich and grimy backdrop of exclusive restaurants, conjuring a nonstop and high-adrenaline world evoking the possibility, beauty, and fragility of being young and adrift.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 81 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 72 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 60 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 59 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020