Esther Nguyen, Founder and CEO of POPS Worldwide, said: “POPS Worldwide is excited to be working with TV Asahi Corporation and welcomes Doraemon – the legendary Japanese robotic cat character to POPS Kids. Doraemon is one of the most loved international cartoon characters in Vietnam since 1992. Many Vietnamese have grown up watching Doraemon on TV and we are fortunate that POPS Kids is bringing Doraemon to a new generation of viewers. With our leading expertise in releasing entertainment contents in Southeast Asia, this extensive partnership opens a new relationship between POPS and TV Asahi. By collaborating through the official release of the Doraemon series on POPS Kids, we are delighted that the content for children in Vietnam will be richer and more diverse.”
With the desire to become the leading children entertainment channel in Vietnam, POPS Kids is continuously investing in the development of two types of content including Vietnamese self-produced content and content from the cooperation with major partners on the world. Most highlighted series are the children music show namely Mam Choi La and series of cartoons from Boomerang. Continuing to be the only channel in Vietnam selected by TV Asahi to release Doraemon reflects the growth and influence of POPS Kids in the digital market.
By the end of March 2016, POPS Worldwide teamed up with Turner (part of Warner Bros.) to bring several Boomerang series on POPS Kids. Boomerang has had a very successful first year in Vietnam, contributing to the 2 billion YouTube lifetime views on POPS Kids. With the exclusive release of animated films with such world-renowned figures as Tom & Jerry, Ben 10, The Powerpuff Girls, and now Doraemon, POPS Kids is destination of international cartoon characters by Vietnamese version for Vietnamese kids. In the future, POPS Kids will welcome more famous international cartoon characters.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 55 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 47 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 38 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020