Singapore- Netflix Inc, the world’s leading Internet television network, announced the first Chinese language Netflix Original series from Taiwan: Bardo (擺渡身). The eight-episode series is a jailbreak thriller with a karmic dimension, and it will be available to all Netflix members around the world at the same time.
Netflix is teaming up with award-winning production company IFA Media and writer/director Sam Quah (柯汶利) on Bardo (擺渡身). IFA Media recently produced the highly-regarded Taiwanese series The Teenage Psychic (通靈少女) and Quah is a rising Taiwan based writer-director whose short film The Free Man was short-listed for an Oscar in 2015.
“A supernatural premise, a production team that’s created regional hits, and an up and coming director who’s received international acclaim — all of this has Netflix excited about Bardo.” said Erik Barmack, vice president of international Original series at Netflix.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 42 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020