Paris– The major new original drama series Britannia, the first co-production between Sky and Amazon US, will have its World Premiere TV Screening at MIPCOM 2017.
The global entertainment content market, MIPCOM takes place in Cannes, France from 16-19 October 2017. The World Premiere TV Screening of “Britannia” is scheduled for Monday 16 October in the Palais des Festivals.
Written by multi-award-winning Jez Butterworth, the series stars Kelly Reilly (“True Detective”), David Morrissey (“The Walking Dead”), Zoë Wanamaker (“My Family”),Nikolaj Lie Kaas (“The Killing”) and Eleanor Worthington-Cox (“The Enfield Haunting”). The show’s creators and key cast are due to be in Cannes to promote the show.
The epic nine-part drama is set in 43AD, when Britannia was a country ruled by powerful Druids and warrior queens. It follows the reluctant rise to power of Kerra (Reilly) the daughter of the King of the Cantii, and her arch-rival Queen Antedia (Wanamaker), who are forced to put their differences aside when the Romans invade Britannia. Meanwhile, rogue Druid Divis (Kaas), the only one who foresaw the Roman invasion, finds an unlikely ally in 12-year-old Canti girl Cait (Worthington-Cox) in his quest to defeat Rome. The Romans are led by General Aulus Plautius (Morrissey), who is determined to succeed where Julius Caesar failed and conquer this mythical land at the far edge of the Roman Empire.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 92 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 53 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 36 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020