Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat) and Encompass Digital Media (Asia) Pte. Ltd. (Encompass) have partnered to provide Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) with C-band capacity on the AsiaSat 5 satellite to deliver live coverage of the 29th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games to viewers across Asia-Pacific. The biennial sporting event invites teams from 11 nations in Southeast Asia to compete in multi-sport games, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 19th to 30th August.
AsiaSat 5 will be an integral part of the satellite and fiber networks for the delivery of the event. The events and games will be transmitted from all venues to the International Broadcasting Centre (IBC). From there, the feeds will be delivered to broadcasters across the satellite’s extensive footprint, spanning from Russia to New Zealand and from Japan to the Middle East and parts of Africa.
Encompass will support TM with the satellite capacity and distribution, enabling the largest number of viewers across the Asia-Pacific to enjoy coverage of the opening ceremony, 405 events and 38 games until the closing on 30th August.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 95 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 77 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 63 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Sky TV’s entertainment streaming service, Neon, introduces a revamped platform powered by Evergent 41 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020