Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat) and Encompass Digital Media (Asia) Pte. Ltd. (Encompass) have partnered to provide Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) with C-band capacity on the AsiaSat 5 satellite to deliver live coverage of the 29th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games to viewers across Asia-Pacific. The biennial sporting event invites teams from 11 nations in Southeast Asia to compete in multi-sport games, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 19th to 30th August.
AsiaSat 5 will be an integral part of the satellite and fiber networks for the delivery of the event. The events and games will be transmitted from all venues to the International Broadcasting Centre (IBC). From there, the feeds will be delivered to broadcasters across the satellite’s extensive footprint, spanning from Russia to New Zealand and from Japan to the Middle East and parts of Africa.
Encompass will support TM with the satellite capacity and distribution, enabling the largest number of viewers across the Asia-Pacific to enjoy coverage of the opening ceremony, 405 events and 38 games until the closing on 30th August.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 66 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- MIP Cancun Online+ and All3media International announce judges for second ‘Formats Pitch Competition’ 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020