Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat) and Encompass Digital Media (Asia) Pte. Ltd. (Encompass) have partnered to provide Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) with C-band capacity on the AsiaSat 5 satellite to deliver live coverage of the 29th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games to viewers across Asia-Pacific. The biennial sporting event invites teams from 11 nations in Southeast Asia to compete in multi-sport games, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 19th to 30th August.
AsiaSat 5 will be an integral part of the satellite and fiber networks for the delivery of the event. The events and games will be transmitted from all venues to the International Broadcasting Centre (IBC). From there, the feeds will be delivered to broadcasters across the satellite’s extensive footprint, spanning from Russia to New Zealand and from Japan to the Middle East and parts of Africa.
Encompass will support TM with the satellite capacity and distribution, enabling the largest number of viewers across the Asia-Pacific to enjoy coverage of the opening ceremony, 405 events and 38 games until the closing on 30th August.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 79 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 56 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 53 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 53 views | posted on March 1, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020