Singapore – With two successful runs under its belt, ScreenSingapore, in partnership with the Southeast Asian Audio-Visual Association (SAAVA), launches the Call for Submissions for its third edition of the Southeast Asian Film Financing (SAFF) Project Market 2017. Established in the industry as the year’s highlight to look out for, the SAFF Project Market aims to match promising feature-length projects with a global network of media financiers, distributors, and collaborators who can bring these projects to fruition.
Due to the successes of its previous editions, the SAFF Project Market 2017 will replicate its popular structure and feature up to 15 projects, where, in line with the 2017 Singapore Media Festival’s focus on Indonesia, 5 will hail from the world’s fourth largest nation. 2017’s SAFF Project Market will be held at Marina Bay Sands Singapore from 29 November to 1 December 2017, which will include a financing conference and the prestigious Ties That Bind (TTB) cross-cultural Europe/Asia co-producing workshop. With the end-goal of connecting producers and their promising in-development fiction and nonfiction feature-length projects with commissioners, investors, and co-production partners, this initiative is in line with SAAVA’s mandate to represent regional media investment and facilitate best practices in content producing, financing and distribution in order to promote Southeast Asian creative industries internationally through its members and partnerships.
“We’re happy to come together with our partner organisations in Singapore and Europe to open up the SAFF Project Market once more to producers and filmmakers with regional projects with each edition growing from strength to strength. It gives us all immense pride to see how far some of our alumni and featured projects have come in their financing, production and distribution and we’re excited in continuing to support regional filmmakers in connecting them with funding from all over the world,” said Justin Deimen, Executive Director of SAAVA and Managing Partner of Aurora Media Holdings, one of Southeast Asia’s leading media and entertainment asset incubation, investment and management vehicles, which will once again sponsor the Aurora Producing Award, an SGD20,000 co-production investment towards a project at SAFF Project Market 2017.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 133 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021