Seoul – Asia’s leading content and media company CJ E&M’s new fantasy romantic TV drama series The Bride of Habaek(also known as The Bride of Water God) meets global audiences via regional TV channel, tvN Asia and OTT platforms – DramaFever, Iflix, Viu, iQiyi, KKTV, Friday Video, ChocoTV.
A spin-off of bestselling comic, ‘The Bride of Habaek’ is based on the story about the water god named Habaek(Nam Joo Hyuk) who loses all his abilities to reincarnate to human world and meet a realist female psychiatrist named So-Ah(Shin Sae Kyeong). So-Ah thinks he is just another mental patient and does not take him seriously.
The drama received much attention from fans around the world when a star-studded cast was officially announced – Shin Sae Kyeong, Nam Joo Hyuk, Lim Ju Hwan, Jung Soo Jung, Gong Myung. Even before airing its very first episode, the drama was sold to more than 20 countries across North and South America and Asia-Pacific. Additional countries including Japan are currently in negotiation for the drama sales.
Global fans can watch the episode within 24 hours of its original broadcasts in Korea through regional TV channel, tvN Asia(Asia-Pacific region) and streaming platform, DramaFever(across North and South America). It is also available through Iflix(Southeast Asia, Africa Region), Viu(Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines), KKTV(Taiwan), iQiy(Taiwan),Friday Video(Taiwan) and ChocoTV(Taiwan).
“We are very excited to finally air ‘The Bride of Habaek’ as it has been highly anticipated worldwide with hottest star cast and the fantasy storyline. Premiered on July 3rd in Korea, the drama ranked first among all cable channel programs in the same time slot to meet viewers’ expectations” said CJ E&M official.
Premiered on July 3rd in Korea, new episodes debut every Monday and Tuesday on 11:00 PM(KST).
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 47 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020