Chinese investor CU Animation funds UK Animation Studio
London- Blue Zoo, the UK based multi award-winning animation studio, announces a deal with China UK Animation Company, which is a subsidiary of Zhong Ze Culture Investment Group, that will unlock a total of £72 million of funding to invest across new and existing IP and projects.
The multimillion pound investment from China will facilitate the launch of Lanzu, a joint venture between Blue Zoo and China UK Animation Company (CU Animation), and accelerate the delivery of current and future Blue Zoo productions. Lanzu will initially provide non-exclusive funding for the development and production of at least six new projects including an animated feature film, over the next five years, with the first project scheduled to go into production later this year. The joint venture will play a key part of Blue-Zoo’s ongoing growth strategy, accelerating the speed at which projects go into production once greenlit, and supporting access to the Asian and international market for commercial, branded and creative animation.
Additionally, CU Animation‘s investment into Lanzu will release extra co-production funding for further series of Blue Zoo’s existing slate of IP. In line with Blue Zoo’s international growth strategy, the investment will accelerate the delivery of current and future Blue Zoo productions and co-productions, and support the development of new and existing IP.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,210 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 92 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 77 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 73 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020