Chinese investor CU Animation funds UK Animation Studio
London- Blue Zoo, the UK based multi award-winning animation studio, announces a deal with China UK Animation Company, which is a subsidiary of Zhong Ze Culture Investment Group, that will unlock a total of £72 million of funding to invest across new and existing IP and projects.
The multimillion pound investment from China will facilitate the launch of Lanzu, a joint venture between Blue Zoo and China UK Animation Company (CU Animation), and accelerate the delivery of current and future Blue Zoo productions. Lanzu will initially provide non-exclusive funding for the development and production of at least six new projects including an animated feature film, over the next five years, with the first project scheduled to go into production later this year. The joint venture will play a key part of Blue-Zoo’s ongoing growth strategy, accelerating the speed at which projects go into production once greenlit, and supporting access to the Asian and international market for commercial, branded and creative animation.
Additionally, CU Animation‘s investment into Lanzu will release extra co-production funding for further series of Blue Zoo’s existing slate of IP. In line with Blue Zoo’s international growth strategy, the investment will accelerate the delivery of current and future Blue Zoo productions and co-productions, and support the development of new and existing IP.
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 81 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 35 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 5 March 32 views | posted on March 2, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 30 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020