London – TVT, the managed media services provider, has announced a major expansion that includes the launch of a full Access Services business unit, along with a plan to open a new Los Angeles office during 2017. The moves come as TVT is enjoying strong financial growth, with revenues for the quarter ending March 31 double those for the same period in 2016.
The new TVT Access Services business launch will be bolstered by the appointment of a leading global expert in the area, David Padmore, as International Advisor. He previously held senior management positions at Ericsson, RedBee Media and the BBC, overseeing delivery of Access Services, which include subtitling for deaf and hard-of-hearing people and audio description for those with sight impairments.
“We are definitely in growth mode at the moment,” says Ian Brotherston, TVT’s Chief Executive. “This expansion fits perfectly with the growing demand for international services we are seeing around the world. Broadcasters and content owners are looking to new markets and require a whole range of services to address cultural sensibilities and comply with regulations – including access.”
While the plan to open a Los Angeles office is still in the early stages, it will enable TVT to work more easily with its US clients, which include A+E Networks, Discovery and Hulu – as well as offer a local point of contact for new business opportunities with other key players based in the American market. TVT enables broadcasters and content owners to overcome the complexities of creative content versioning and compliance for programmes being viewed in international markets.
The announcements cap a strong period overall for TVT: Full-year results for the financial year ending on March 31saw revenue growth of 50% over 2015/2016, while revenues for January to March alone were double the same quarter the previous year. This strong performance has been fed largely by business growth in Southeast Asia and Japan, Brotherston notes.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 95 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 77 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 63 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Sky TV’s entertainment streaming service, Neon, introduces a revamped platform powered by Evergent 41 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020