London – BBC One is to pilot a new music-based entertainment format – hosted by Zoe Ball and Roman Kemp – from producers Thames (part of FremantleMedia UK). The Chart is a singing talent competition show which creates the first-ever music chart for undiscovered singers. Each week, singers from across the UK will upload their performances to an app and the public then vote to choose their top ten.
The ten singers then battle it out in a weekly live show, culminating in the naming of the week’s number one. As the weeks progress, the story will develop in a unique way with some singers staying on The Chart for several weeks, alongside new entries and new discoveries every week.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 122 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021