London – BBC One is to pilot a new music-based entertainment format – hosted by Zoe Ball and Roman Kemp – from producers Thames (part of FremantleMedia UK). The Chart is a singing talent competition show which creates the first-ever music chart for undiscovered singers. Each week, singers from across the UK will upload their performances to an app and the public then vote to choose their top ten.
The ten singers then battle it out in a weekly live show, culminating in the naming of the week’s number one. As the weeks progress, the story will develop in a unique way with some singers staying on The Chart for several weeks, alongside new entries and new discoveries every week.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 85 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 75 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 72 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 50 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020