Kuala Lumpur – Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad (“Astro”) and Kumpulan Media Karangkraf Sdn Bhd (‘Karangkraf”) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (“MoU”) to form a joint venture company (“JV Co”) for the creation and monetisation of content verticals in Malaysia and the Nusantara region.
Dato’ Rohana Rozhan, Group Chief Executive Officer of Astro said, “At core of this collaboration, we aim to pursue co-creation of a comprehensive line up of content IPs across Malay and Islamic verticals. The on-going trend of digital media consumption, paid or ads-supported, has expanded Astro’s addressable audience base in Malaysia considerably from households to individuals. Serving this diverse audience across a range of windows from theatrical, to TV, to digital and commerce, requires a wider breadth of IPs in order to satisfy the unique needs of each consumer segment. Ownership of these IPs allows us to maximise monetisation potential from licensing, Adex, subscriptions and commerce, while at the same time anchor a long-term sustainable role for us in the media value chain.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020