Kuala Lumpur – Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad (“Astro”) and Kumpulan Media Karangkraf Sdn Bhd (‘Karangkraf”) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (“MoU”) to form a joint venture company (“JV Co”) for the creation and monetisation of content verticals in Malaysia and the Nusantara region.
Dato’ Rohana Rozhan, Group Chief Executive Officer of Astro said, “At core of this collaboration, we aim to pursue co-creation of a comprehensive line up of content IPs across Malay and Islamic verticals. The on-going trend of digital media consumption, paid or ads-supported, has expanded Astro’s addressable audience base in Malaysia considerably from households to individuals. Serving this diverse audience across a range of windows from theatrical, to TV, to digital and commerce, requires a wider breadth of IPs in order to satisfy the unique needs of each consumer segment. Ownership of these IPs allows us to maximise monetisation potential from licensing, Adex, subscriptions and commerce, while at the same time anchor a long-term sustainable role for us in the media value chain.
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 65 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 61 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 49 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 49 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020