MTG extends rights to UEFA Champions League to 2021
MTG has reinforced its unrivalled position as the pan-Nordic home of live football coverage by securing the Scandinavian media rights to the UEFA Champions League until 2021. MTG’s free-TV and Viasat channels, and Viaplay streaming service, will now show even more live football than any other service for years to come.
MTG is the only entertainment company in the world to have held the media rights to the world’s most prestigious club football competition since it was launched 25 years ago in 1992. The UEFA Champions League final is the single most watched annual sporting event worldwide and the media rights package for the tournament will be enlarged from 2018 to include 35% more media coverage – 46 time slots around 138 matches over 17 weeks. MTG has secured the rights on an exclusive basis in Sweden and Denmark, and has secured the rights to 108 of the games on an exclusive basis in Norway and will also show the rest of the games.
MTG’s football coverage in Scandinavia now includes the English FA Premier League, the UEFA Champions League, England’s FA Cup, Spain’s La Liga, Italy’s Serie A, France’s Ligue 1, Denmark’s Superliga, and the English League Cup and Championship. The coverage is shown on a combination of MTG’s free-TV channels, Viasat pay-TV channels and Viaplay streaming service, and rights differ between countries.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 49 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020