Grant Sputore makes film debut with sci-fi thriller Mother
Australia – Screen Australia, South Australian Film Corporation and Screenwest have announced production investment funding for Mother, a thought-provoking sci-fi thriller that brings a dark and electrifying edge to this unique mother-daughter story. Based on an original concept by West Australian director Grant Sputore and writer Michael Lloyd Green, the script was one of the most sought after on the 2016 Black List.
Sputore is an award-winning commercial director who was selected by the Australian Directors’ Guild to be a director’s attachment with Kriv Stenders on Kill Me Three times in 2014 and made an impressive foray into scripted with his short film Legacy. Mother will be Sputore’s feature film debut. It is being produced by The Penguin Empire’s Kelvin Munro and Southern Light Films’ Timothy White, and co-produced by Anna Vincent . Executive producers are Jean-Luc de Fanti ,Terry Dougas, and Paris Kasidokostas-Latsis, whose film Good Time will screen In Competition at this year’s Cannes Film Festival.
Mother tells the story of a lonely teenage girl known as Daughter, the first of a new generation of humans to be raised by Mother – a kindly robot designed to repopulate the earth after the extinction of mankind. Their unique bond is threatened when a blood-drenched woman (Drifter) inexplicably arrives at the bunker, begging for help. Overnight the stranger calls into question everything Daughter has been told about the outside world and her Mother’s intentions.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 48 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 40 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 33 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 31 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020