Discovery launches first Hindi general entertainment channel
Mumbai – Discovery Communications announces its plan to roll out Discovery JEET, a new entertainment channel across India, starting in late 2017. The new channel will be the flagship for the network’s ambitious investment into original local productions in India, super serving super fans and nurturing communities around a range of programme genres including true crime investigations, small-town heroes and gritty survival.
Discovery is scaling up investment in over 200 hours of local content originals which will premiere on this new channel. Targeting young male audiences, Discovery JEET will be a highly-charged entertainment channel, immersing viewers in a world where gripping stories, heroic characters and tales of achievement are the status quo.
Arthur Bastings, President & MD, Discovery Networks Asia Pacific, further elaborated on the importance of this evolutionary step, leveraging new ways to extend the reach and relevance of Discovery across the subcontinent. “The expansion into general entertainment with JEET redefines how Discovery will connect and interact with new young audiences across the heartlands of India. JEET is fun, relatable, and exciting and brings to life the captivating, real stories of India’s own in a manner never seen before!”
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 175 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 109 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020