OTT experiences to improve with media acceleration
Singapore – Akamai Technologies, Inc., the global leader in content delivery network (CDN) services, announced the availability of Akamai Media Acceleration, which is designed to improve viewing experiences for over-the-top (OTT) video consumers and accelerate video game and other software downloads. Media Acceleration marks a significant milestone in the evolution of Akamai’s content delivery capabilities in moving to a consumer-centric approach to online video and software distribution. Technology is integrated directly into consumer applications to optimize the experience for each individual end user.
OTT operators can take advantage of more efficient communication between consumer devices and the Akamai network to deliver video that is ideally suited for the device capabilities, network type and conditions of specific end users. By overcoming many of the fundamental challenges of online video delivery, Media Acceleration can help OTT operators provide a consistently high and predictable quality of experience to which consumers are accustomed to traditional broadcast.
Vimeo, one of the world’s leading online video-sharing platforms and entertainment destinations, realised immediate improvements in its viewer experiences after implementing Akamai Media Acceleration. “Shortly after shifting traffic to Media Acceleration, Vimeo observed higher quality video experiences for our viewers; most notably a marked increase in playbacks at HD quality,” explained Naren Venkataraman, Vice President, Engineering, Vimeo. “With video creators comprising such a large portion of our customer base, delivering high-quality video and the experience to match is of utmost importance to maintaining the Vimeo brand.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 90 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 50 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020