Tokyo – The BBC announced the launch of a live stream of its award-winning 24 hour international news channel – BBC World News on Hulu Japan. The deal marks the first time the corporation has made the linear channel available via one of the major international subscription VOD services in Japan and makes BBC World News the first live streamed news channel available via Hulu Japan.
The ad-free feed of BBC World News in both English and Japanese will be available via Hulu on desktop in Japan from today, meaning that users can access live breaking news from the BBC, 24 hours a day. It is currently the only SVOD service to carry the live channel anywhere in the world. The service will also become available on mobile later this year. The launch is the latest in a series of digital innovations and investments in Japan and comes as BBC.jp – the BBC’s Japanese-language website – celebrates its one year anniversary amid record audience figures.
Chris Davies, Commercial Director for BBC Global News Ltd, said, “As the world becomes more interconnected and global news events increase in regularity and relevance, we know our audiences want access to the BBC’s world-class impartial news wherever they are – at home or on the move. This latest deal is part of our strategy to ensure that people can stay up-to-date in more ways than ever.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 33 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020