China– Irdeto has announced the successful integration of Irdeto Rights for China DRM with HiSilicon Technologies Co., Ltd.’s trusted execution environment (TEE) hardware for its chipsets. This integration will give operators in China and content owners more control and confidence to launch premium content services, especially Hollywood studio early release and 4K/UHD content, and is the first hardware-protected ecosystem for China DRM in the industry. For this type of premium content to be delivered on cable or satellite TV networks as well as smart TVs, TEE integration is a mandatory requirement.
China will account for more than half of Asia Pacific’s 666 million pay TV subscribers by 2022, and is expected to add 40 million subscribers between 2016 and 2022, according to a research by Digital TV Research. The research also projected that China will bring in an estimated $1.1 billion in pay TV revenues between 2016 and 2022.
“It is essential for operators and content owners to invest in the highest form of security for 4K/UHD content to meet the growing demand for premium content,” said John Liu, General Manager, HiSilicon STB Product Line. “Our partnership with Irdeto will not only help operators in China meet the stringent requirements of Hollywood studios, but also drive greater confidence for the studios and content providers to expand in the Chinese market. Security can help generate greater revenues from premium content offerings.”
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 108 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 85 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 53 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 42 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020