Hong Kong – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat), Asia’s leading satellite operator, and global media solutions provider Globecast have reached an agreement to deliver international Turkish news platform TRT World in HD to viewers across the Asia-Pacific region via AsiaSat 7.
The deal expands TRT’s reach and strengthens its position in the Asian market. TRT World is owned by Turkish national public broadcaster TRT and is Turkey’s first English language international news platform, providing news coverage in English 24/7 from Istanbul. Globecast and TRT World chose AsiaSat 7 because of its extensive Asian coverage, international channel neighbourhood and excellent audience access.
AsiaSat 7 has a region-wide C-band footprint covering Asia, the Middle East, Australasia and Central Asia, as well as high-power Ku beams dedicated to serving East and South Asia. Globecast is providing TRT World with a global packaged service for the DTH distribution of the news platform including worldwide connectivity and uplink distribution services using its unique reach to access 10 satellites. Deputy Director General of TRT Ibrahim Eren states that it is important for TRT World to be available on AsiaSat.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020