Hong Kong – Organised by the Asian Film Awards Academy (AFAA), the 11th Asian Film Awards (AFA) will present the Rising Star of Asia Award to Chinese actress Jelly LIN Yun at the AFA Ceremony on March 21, 2017 (Tuesday) at The Hong Kong Cultural Centre. The young actress, who has demonstrated exceptional talent and breakthrough in Asian cinema in the past year, is chosen by the AFAA among a large pool of Asian talents.
The award has set a standard for identifying talent destined for future film stardom. Previous recipients include Japanese actress KURIYAMA Chiaki, Korean actor KIM Nam-gil, Chinese actress WANG Likun, Korean actor LEE Soo-hyuk, Hong Kong actor Pakho CHAU and Korean actress Clara LEE Sung-min.
Jelly LIN is a young Chinese actress. In 2016, LIN was cast in renowned Hong Kong filmmaker Stephen CHOW’s The Mermaid as the title character, and has since grown into stardom. The film broke numerous box office records, and became the highest-grossing Chinese film of all time with an accumulated box office of RMB$3.3 billion. It was also well-received globally, setting the highest-grossing non-Hollywood film record in history with a stunning US$553.8 million box office.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,079 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 78 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020