“Africa has become an increasingly important market given its size and the potential for expansion within the pay-TV industry. There is an appetite for quality lifestyle content, as proven by the success of our portfolio already in the market. Partnering with Kwesé allows us to invite new audiences from across the region to enjoy our world-class programming,” said Phillip Luff, Managing Director, UK & EMEA, Scripps Networks Interactive.
“Kwesé’s commitment to top quality premium content drives the way we go about acquiring channels and programming. This partnership allows us to extend our offering with content that is globally trusted and popular,” said Joseph Hundah, President and CEO of Econet Media.
For more information on the shows and the overall Kwesé offering, viewers can visit www.kwese.com. Scripps Networks Interactive currently broadcast channels Food Network and Travel Channel in Sub-Saharan Africa on DStv and Fine Living on StarTimes.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 92 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 57 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 54 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 53 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020