Paris – MIPTV 2017 will feature its biggest-ever programme on immersive content with special emphasis on Virtual Reality (VR), through a top-flight keynote, a leadership summit, a full conference programme and dedicated exhibition area.
MIPTV’s new thrust into VR will be spearheaded by a keynote speech from Rikard Steiber, President of Viveport at HTC Vive. Steiber will discuss the different content plays that are growing the VR ecosystem. With Viveport, HTC has built a VR app store and content delivery platform that’s both consumer and enterprise-facing. The app store will soon be the first to introduce a subscription model for VR, helping consumers navigate through more than 1,000 pieces of content now available in the marketplace. Viveport recently launched a platform to distribute VR content globally into arcades and amusement centres, developing an important touch point for consumers to experience and adopt high-end VR. Steiber will also highlight how the variety of experiences being created for VR is emblematic of its potential to become the next mass-adopted medium.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 51 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 49 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020