Paris – MIPTV 2017 will feature its biggest-ever programme on immersive content with special emphasis on Virtual Reality (VR), through a top-flight keynote, a leadership summit, a full conference programme and dedicated exhibition area.
MIPTV’s new thrust into VR will be spearheaded by a keynote speech from Rikard Steiber, President of Viveport at HTC Vive. Steiber will discuss the different content plays that are growing the VR ecosystem. With Viveport, HTC has built a VR app store and content delivery platform that’s both consumer and enterprise-facing. The app store will soon be the first to introduce a subscription model for VR, helping consumers navigate through more than 1,000 pieces of content now available in the marketplace. Viveport recently launched a platform to distribute VR content globally into arcades and amusement centres, developing an important touch point for consumers to experience and adopt high-end VR. Steiber will also highlight how the variety of experiences being created for VR is emblematic of its potential to become the next mass-adopted medium.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020