Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific bets big on local
Singapore – Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific (DNAP) announced 16 new local productions commissioned out of Southeast Asia for the network’s flagship brand Discovery Channel as well as leading travel and lifestyle channel TLC across both linear and digital platforms. Discovery has collaborated with local creators and storytellers to co-create content that caters to the diverse viewership that is Southeast Asia.
Kicking off Discovery’s 2017 production slate is FRONTIER BORNEO, which follows the cast of Borneo’s unsung heroes as they uncover and protect Borneo’s stunning tropical landscape and rich biodiversity SURVIVING BORNEO follows local television host and influencer Henry Golding, as the descendant of the once feared Iban tribe of Sarawak. Fronted by science enthusiasts Ramon Bautista, Jun Sabayton, Lourd De Veyra, Ra Rivera, and Angel Rivero, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ASIA by Jesuit Communications Foundation, Inc. deconstructs the science behind the experiments and exactly why it shouldn’t be attempted at home.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 74 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 54 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 51 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 48 views | posted on March 1, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020