KI Head of Latin America, Kelly Wright will direct the new division, reporting to KI COO & President of Distribution, Keren Shahar, while Frank Scheuermann, Head of Development and Production Latin America, will lead the team on the ground. Frank joined KI last Spring, tasked with developing original IP and ideas for promising new formats, identifying titles from KI’s ever-growing catalogue to adapt for Latin American audiences, as well as nurturing new and existing relationships with local buyers, sponsorship partners and talent.
Keshet MX is actively hiring for its Development and Business Affairs divisions and will announce new production deals in the coming months. Latin America is a major market for KI. To date it has sold close to 1000 hours of content across the region and has seen many successful adaptations of its formats on air, including several versions of the trailblazing talent format Rising Star and the explosive game show format BOOM!. KI has an output deal with the leading broadcaster Televisa in Mexico for four of its scripted formats, the first, Loaded, is already in production and another is soon to be announced.
It also has a non-scripted co-development agreement with Telefe in Argentina, a scripted co-development agreement with Telemundo – the #1 Spanish-language television network in the US, and is soon to announce a similar venture with another major South American broadcaster. KI also recently partnered with South America’s largest retailer, Grupo Éxito, to produce a series of live shorts of its interactive multi-platform game Touch, which aired on Colombia’s leading channel Caracol.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.3k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 516 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 111 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 85 views | posted on January 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021