Berlin – FremantleMedia International (FMI) announced it had secured a deal with leading German-speaking PayTV platform, Sky Deutschland, for the award-winning and critically-acclaimed prison drama, Wentworth. The deal, which covers all five seasons of the dynamic Australian series, will mark the first time Wentworth will be available to German-speaking viewers. Season 1 will premiere on Sky Deutschland’s recently launched flagship channel Sky 1.
Set in the present day, Wentworth is a modern adaptation of the classic prisoner series, Prisoner Cellblock H. Filled with divided loyalties, the series takes viewers inside the uncompromising environment of a female prison and delivers a world with unexpected twists and turns and where no character is safe. The high-stakes action-packed storylines and cast of legendary characters has won it international acclaim and industry awards including four ASTRAs; three LOGIES and an Australian Writers Guild Award.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 66 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020