Berlin – FremantleMedia International (FMI) announced it had secured a deal with leading German-speaking PayTV platform, Sky Deutschland, for the award-winning and critically-acclaimed prison drama, Wentworth. The deal, which covers all five seasons of the dynamic Australian series, will mark the first time Wentworth will be available to German-speaking viewers. Season 1 will premiere on Sky Deutschland’s recently launched flagship channel Sky 1.
Set in the present day, Wentworth is a modern adaptation of the classic prisoner series, Prisoner Cellblock H. Filled with divided loyalties, the series takes viewers inside the uncompromising environment of a female prison and delivers a world with unexpected twists and turns and where no character is safe. The high-stakes action-packed storylines and cast of legendary characters has won it international acclaim and industry awards including four ASTRAs; three LOGIES and an Australian Writers Guild Award.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 119 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 75 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 65 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021