Turning Mecard is an exciting new Korean series being introduced to children around the world by Mattel. Created by acclaimed animated content writer, Atsushi Maekawa (Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dragonball, and Bakugan), series 1 (52×30”) will roll out internationally with series two currently in production.
Turning Mecard is the #1 property in Korea since its launch in 2015 with broadcasters including KBS, Tooniverse, Daegyo, JEI and Animax. Korean storytelling is currently riding high and is on-trend. There is a huge fanbase for Korean episodic and theatrical content that Mattel will leverage with the launch of Turning Mecard. The Appeal of the franchise is attributed to the unique combination of all popular play patterns (first of its kind combination) – from vehicle play to action figure play to battling card game play, all underpinned by magical transformations.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020